Sunday, October 30, 2016

Visualizing with I Need My Monster

     Throughout our narrative writing unit, we have been learning about the importance of including details in our writing to keep the reader engaged in our piece.  We have been doing similar work in our reading, working to create a picture in our head of what is happening, based on the author’s details, to help us better understand the story.
    In this extension activity we used the book, I Need My Monster, by Amanda Noll to practice visualization.  As I read the story, the kids pictured Gabe, the main character’s pet monster, in their minds.  They created illustration without initially seeing Gabe and then wrote about what they heard, saw and smelled as they walked in the main character’s shoes.
 





 




No comments:

Post a Comment